Vitamins and minerals from real food sources, paired with time-tested superfood ingredients.
Clinically Studied Fermented Eggshell Membrane Collagen
We’re the only leading collagen supplement brand on the market currently with a proprietary fermented eggshell membrane collagen ingredient backed by human clinical studies, proven to provide real results as early as day one.* This fast-acting ingredient provides collagen types I, III, IV, V, VII, VIII, X, XII and XXII and supports joint, gut and skin health.*
Clinically Studied SBO Probiotics
Each serving includes 2 billion CFU** of an SBO probiotic strain called Bacillus coagulans. SBO, or soil-based organism, probiotics are a particularly resilient and effective strain. Unlike probiotics that need to be refrigerated to survive, SBO probiotics actually thrive in harsh environments (like the gut). We’ve included it to provide added support for a healthy gut, digestive function, healthy bowel transit time and healthy gut flora.*
Traditional Superfoods for Gut Support
This formula brings together some of history’s most-used superfood ingredients known to help calm the gut. Organic apple cider vinegar, organic ginger root, organic peppermint leaf and licorice root extract are long-respected natural options to help the good bacteria in your system thrive. Together with L-glutamine and clinically studied collagen, this is a powerfully gut-friendly formula.
Bacillus coagulans – 2B CFU
This soil based organism (SBO) probiotic strain that supports healthy gut microflora, a healthy immune system and gastrointestinal health. Multi Collagen protein Gut Restore gives you 2 billion colony-forming units.
- Light lemon ginger flavor
- 9g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fat
- 2 billion CFU of soil-based organism (SBO) probiotics
- 2 forms of glutamine to support gut microflora, gut lining and gut integrity
- Powered by a clinically studied fermented eggshell membrane collagen ingredient, for results in as little as one day
- Reduces knee stiffness and joint discomfort in a week*
- Improves appearance of crow’s feet after 28 days*
- Improves exercise recovery by 56%
- Promotes healthy hair thickness and growth while reducing hair breakage*
- Includes 10 types of collagen from 4 sources
- Made from pasture-raised and grass-fed sources
- Includes 2 billion CFU** Bacillus coagulans
- Offers 100% DV of clinically studied Vitamin C, optimized for absorption
Adults take 1 scoop with 8 ounces of your favorite hot or cold beverage
Serving Size: 1 scoop (approx 11.9g)
Number of Servings Per Container: 20
Product Weight: 8.4oz
- Gluten Free
- Made Without Dairy
- Made Without Soy
- Made Without Nuts
- Keto Friendly
- Paleo Friendly
- Raised Without Hormones
- Raised Without Antibiotics
- Pasture Raised
- Grass Fed
- Sustainably Sourced
- BPA Free
Clinically Studied Ingredients
Whenever possible, Ancient Nutrition believes in using ingredients backed by clinical studies. “Clinically studied” means their ingredient is a) supported by proven research, b) backed by peer-reviewed studies and c) tested for efficacy, safety and transparency. Using clinically studied ingredients means that when Ancient Nutrition makes claims about their products, they really mean them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Axe Answers
Ancient Nutrition co-founder, chiropractor, clinical nutritionist and certified doctor of natural medicine is here to answer your questions!
What is collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies, especially type I collagen. It’s found in muscles, bones, skin, blood vessels, tendons and the digestive system.
Collagen contains a whopping 18 different amino acids. Amino acids are the “building blocks of proteins,” and collagen includes a mix of both nonessential (also called conditional) and essential types.
When should I use this product?
You can use this collagen powder in the morning, afternoon, evening or right before bed. There is no specific time to take collagen, but you’ll maximize benefits by taking it consistently. Find a time that works best for you to take it regularly.
What probiotic strain is featured?
Bacillus coagulans, which is a tough, effective strain of SBO or soil-based organism probiotics. We chose to use SBO probiotics because they’re resistant to extremes in temperature as well as the harsh digestive tract, which helps them survive and thrive in your gut.
How is this different from the old Multi Collagen Protein formula?
Our 2021 Multi Collagen Protein formula contains the same key collagen components as our original Multi Collagen Protein formula. But today’s Multi Collagen Protein also contains the added benefits of clinically studied: Bacillus coagulans (2 billion CFU**), a probiotic for gut health Vitamin C (from Lipid Metabolite Ascorbate) to help your body produce its own collagen Fermented eggshell membrane collagen—a powerful clinically studied ingredient In clinical studies, this fermented eggshell membrane ingredient consistently delivered real, noticeable results for joints, hair and skin—which is why we’re so excited to have it in our Multi Collagen Protein. You can learn more about it here.
What does this collagen formula do?
Scientific Studies Show that the Key Clinically Studied Fermented Eggshell Membrane Collagen Ingredient in Multi Collagen Protein:
- Promotes healthy hair thickness and growth, with a reduction in hair breakage*
- Improves the appearance of crow’s feet after 4 weeks and skin tone after 8 weeks*
- Reduces knee stiffness at 7 days*
- Reduces knee stiffness, discomfort and improved function at 30 days*
- Reduces discomfort rapidly (7 days), continuously (30 days) and persistently (90 days)*
- Reduces exercise-induced joint stiffness in as little as 5 days*
- Possibly reduces collagen degradation with noticeable results in as little as 3 days*
- Provides rapid relief for exercise-induced joint discomfort (as early as Day 1) and stiffness (Day 5)*
- Supports healthy cartilage turnover*
- Helps joints recover faster from exercise-related joint stiffness and discomfort*
- Possibly helps reduce joint cartilage breakdown resulting from normal wear and tear*
- Helps protect joint cartilage from breakdown due to exercise*
- Helps reduce joint stiffness resulting from exercise*
- Helps support joint health and comfort*
- Reduces joint discomfort and stiffness*
- Reduces discomfort, both rapidly (7 days) and continuously (30 days)*
- Increases flexibility*
- Reduces range-of-motion-associated discomfort*
- Reduces knee discomfort and stiffness*
- Reduces discomfort, both rapidly (7 days) and continuously (60 days)*
- Improves immediate exercise-induced stiffness in as little as 7 days*
- Improves recovery from exercise-included stiffness in as little as 4 days*
- Improves recovery from exercise-induced discomfort in as little as 8 days*
- Helps maintain healthy cartilage*
- Reduces the biomarker CTX-II, related to healthy cartilage*
- Lowers exercise-induced stiffness by 18%*
- Improves exercise recovery by 56%*
- Reduces exercise induced stiffness and discomfort*
How is this different from Bone Broth Protein?
Bone Broth Protein features collagen from ONE source, either chicken or beef bone broth. Multi Collagen Protein includes 10 types of collagen from 4 sources. The original Bone Broth Protein powder contains more protein per serving (20g vs 9g) and typically contains more chicken bone broth collagen concentrate, which means you will typically and inherently get more collagen type II, hyaluronic acid, glucosamine and chondroitin with Bone Broth Protein. But Multi Collagen Protein also contains the added benefits of clinically studied:
- Bacillus coagulans (2 billion CFU**)
- Vitamin C (from Lipid Metabolite Ascorbate
- Fermented eggshell membrane collagen
Why should I be supplementing with collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. Up to 30% of all the protein in your body is collagen protein. Up to 70% of skin, hair, nails and nearly 100% of connective tissues are made from collagen. It literally holds you together, from the hairs on your head, to every inch of your skin, to your joint comfort and mobility. It even supports the integrity of your gut lining; collagen promotes normal tissue growth and cellular health, all of which can impact the overall health of your gut.
Collagen production naturally declines as we age… and it’s not being consumed in the standard modern diet. Supplementing can help support your body’s natural production, so you can reap all the rewards of collagen.
Are there other factors that contribute to collagen loss?
The natural aging process is not the only thing that can slow down production and diminish collagen in your body. If you’re worried about the breakdown of your own collagen, here are 8 lifestyle factors that are considered “collagen diminishers.”
Poor sleep Excess sugar consumption Sun overexposure Diet low in antioxidants Sitting all day and lack of activity Nutrient shortfalls of vitamin C and zinc Free radicals
You can fight back against collagen loss through a few combined approaches: Limit your exposure to damaging UV rays and other environmental toxins Consume collagen-boosting foods Support and promote the skin’s health by supplementing with collagen
How can I tell if it works?
Some common ways to tell if the collagen is working is by noticing healthy skin, healthy nails, and joint comfort support.
How long before I can start looking for benefits?
Clinical studies have demonstrated noticeable results in as little as 24 hours.* However, everyone is different, and will have a different experience when using the product. What matters most is consistency. With consistent use, you can see even more results over the first several days and weeks. Here are some of the changes you may notice: Reduced exercise-induced joint discomfort as early as Day 1* Reduced collagen degradation with noticeable results in as little as 3 days* Reduced knee stiffness, discomfort and improved function at 30 days* Improved appearance of crow’s feet after 4 weeks and skin tone after 8 weeks*
Is Multi Collagen Protein vegan/vegetarian?
Collagen is found only in animals, mostly in the flesh and connective tissue. There are no vegan collagen supplements (although there are vegan foods and products that can support your body’s production of collagen). As a result, Collagen Peptides come from animal sources, so it is not vegan or vegetarian.
What are the benefits of taking collagen?
Collagen health benefits include support for your hair, skin, nails, gut and joints. Taking a hydrolyzed collagen peptides protein powder helps make the collagen easier for the body to use and absorb, so you can better experience the benefits of collagen.
Can I see your Certificate of Analysis?
Yes—you can find that here.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult your physician before using any supplement.
**At time of manufacture
There are no reviews yet.