- Available in multiple flavors
- Supports healthy hair, skin, nails, joints & gut*
- Promotes healthy hair thickness & growth, reduces hair breakage*
- Improves the appearance of crow’s feet after 4 weeks*
- Reduces collagen degradation with noticeable results*
- Reduces joint discomfort & helps joints recover faster*
- Reduces knee stiffness at 7 days*
- 10 types of collagen from 4 sources
- 2 billion CFU** Bacillus coagulans
- 100% DV of clinically studied Vitamin C, optimized for absorption
Clinically Studied Eggshell Membrane Collagen
This powerful, clinically studied form of eggshell membrane featuring types I, V and X collagen is provided in the clinically studied amount. Study participants experienced amazing results—including a reduction in appearance of crow’s feet after 28 days, relief from exercise-induced joint discomfort as early as day 1, reduced joint discomfort at 7 days, improved knee function at 30 days and promotion of hair thickness and growth.* (See below for the full list of 30+ amazing health and beauty benefits.)
Chicken Bone Broth Collagen Concentrate
Ancient Nutrition’s Multi Collagen Protein also contains concentrated bone broth—one of today’s hottest superfoods. They took the ancient process of simmering bones for days, did the hard part, and dehydrated this healthy skin and joint supporter as part of this convenient powder. Their sustainably sourced chicken bone broth concentrate comes from non-GMO, U.S.-farmed chickens and contains type II collagen, the same type of collagen naturally found in our gut lining and joints. Type II collagen also inherently features hyaluronic acid, a go-to ingredient often found in expensive beauty treatments.
Hydrolyzed Fish Collagen Peptides
This marine collagen is sustainably sourced from wild-caught pollock, cod and haddock (whitefish) from North American waters. This type of collagen is naturally high in type I collagen, the most common collagen in the human body that helps make up our bones, skin, fascia, ligaments, tendons and blood vessels.
Hydrolyzed Bovine Collagen Peptides
The bovine collagen peptides are hydrolyzed, grass-fed and pasture-raised, cruelty-free, and made without hormones. Featuring collagen types I & III, these collagen peptides support overall health.
With Multi Collagen Protein, you don’t have to choose between beauty benefits, joint benefits or supporting your overall health. This multi-source collagen does everything from targeting pesky crow’s feet and hair breakage while supporting joint health benefits in as little as 7 days.*
Most other collagen products on the market are single-source, meaning they only contain one or two collagen types. Multi Collagen is set apart by its TEN types of collagen from four food sources, and is always carefully and methodically tested for quality, including heavy metals and more.
Carefully Sourced Ingredients
Ancient Nutrition knows that supplement ingredients are only as good as the source. That’s why they make sure their collagen ingredients come from non-GMO, grass-fed and pasture-raised, cage-free and/or cruelty-free sources that are made without hormones. That includes sustainably sourced chicken bone broth concentrate and eggshell membrane from chickens raised in the United States, bovine peptides from pasture-raised and grass-fed cows and wild-caught fish sustainably caught in North American waters.
There is no filler in Multi Collagen Protein. Ever. This multi collagen comes from only four real-food ingredients, so you won’t see weird chemicals or artificial ingredient sweeteners or flavors on the label. Ancient Nutrition proudly sources their collagen from non-GMO, grass-fed and pasture-raised, cage-free and cruelty-free sources raised and made without hormones.
Add one scoop to 8 ounces of water, coffee or a smoothie
Try it in pancakes, oatmeal or cookies
Select variation combination above to see more details below those options
Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free , Nut Free, Keto Friendly, Paleo Friendly, Raised Without Hormones, Raised Without Antibiotics, Pasture Raised, Grass Fed, Sustainably Sourced, BPA Free
How to Use
This convenient unflavored powder is easy to enjoy any time of day. Our favorite way is to add one scoop into a cup of morning coffee.
Supplementing is a great way to support your body’s natural production of collagen. You can set your body up for success by eating a nutrient-dense diet, with lots of antioxidants, to maintain higher collagen levels. Choose fresh vegetables, fruits, quality protein-rich foods and healthy fats.
Pairs Well With
Add gut support to your daily routine with SBO Probiotics Ultimate. With 50 billion soil-based CFUs** and an organic fermented botanical blend, this probiotic is an excellent choice.
Collagen powder is widely considered to be one of the best joint supplements. How come? Because it plays a major role in forming healthy cartilage and keeping connective tissues including joints, ligaments and tendons strong and healthy. In fact, nearly 100 percent of connective tissues are made from collagen.– Dr. Josh Axe
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Axe Answers
Ancient Nutrition co-founder, chiropractor, clinical nutritionist and certified doctor of natural medicine is here to answer your questions!
What is collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies, especially type I collagen. It’s found in muscles, bones, skin, blood vessels, tendons and the digestive system.
Collagen contains a whopping 18 different amino acids. Amino acids are the “building blocks of proteins,” and collagen includes a mix of both nonessential (also called conditional) and essential types.
When should I use this product?
You can use this product in the morning, afternoon, evening or right before bed. There is no specific time to take collagen, but you’ll maximize benefits by taking it consistently. Find a time that works best for you to take it regularly.
How is this different from the old Multi Collagen Protein formula?
Our 2021 Multi Collagen Protein formula contains the same key collagen components as our original Multi Collagen Protein formula. But today’s Multi Collagen Protein also contains the added benefits of clinically studied:
- Bacillus coagulans (2 billion CFU**), a probiotic for gut health
- Vitamin C (from Lipid Metabolite Ascorbate) to help your body produce its own collagen
- Fermented eggshell membrane collagen—a powerful clinically studied ingredient
In clinical studies, this fermented eggshell membrane ingredient consistently delivered real, noticeable results for joints, hair and skin—which is why we’re so excited to have it in our Multi Collagen Protein.
What does this collagen formula do?
Scientific Studies Show that the Key Clinically Studied Fermented Eggshell Membrane Collagen Ingredient in Multi Collagen Protein:
- Promotes healthy hair thickness and growth, with a reduction in hair breakage*
- Improves the appearance of crow’s feet after 4 weeks and skin tone after 8 weeks*
- Reduces knee stiffness at 7 days*
- Reduces knee stiffness, discomfort and improved function at 30 days*
- Reduces discomfort rapidly (7 days), continuously (30 days) and persistently (90 days)*
- Reduces exercise-induced joint stiffness in as little as 5 days*
- Possibly reduces collagen degradation with noticeable results in as little as 3 days*
- Provides rapid relief for exercise-induced joint discomfort (as early as Day 1) and stiffness (Day 5)*
- Supports healthy cartilage turnover*
- Helps joints recover faster from exercise-related joint stiffness and discomfort*
- Possibly helps reduce joint cartilage breakdown resulting from normal wear and tear*
- Helps protect joint cartilage from breakdown due to exercise*
- Helps reduce joint stiffness resulting from exercise*
- Helps support joint health and comfort*
- Reduces joint discomfort and stiffness*
- Reduces discomfort, both rapidly (7 days) and continuously (30 days)*
- Increases flexibility*
- Reduces range-of-motion-associated discomfort*
- Reduces knee discomfort and stiffness*
- Reduces discomfort, both rapidly (7 days) and continuously (60 days)*
- Improves immediate exercise-induced stiffness in as little as 7 days*
- Improves recovery from exercise-included stiffness in as little as 4 days*
- Improves recovery from exercise-induced discomfort in as little as 8 days*
- Helps maintain healthy cartilage*
- Reduces the biomarker CTX-II, related to healthy cartilage*
- Lowers exercise-induced stiffness by 18%*
- Improves exercise recovery by 56%*
- Reduces exercise induced stiffness and discomfort*
How is this different from Bone Broth Protein?
Bone Broth Protein features collagen from ONE source, either chicken or beef bone broth. Multi Collagen Protein includes 10 types of collagen from 4 sources. The original Bone Broth Protein powder contains more protein per serving (20g vs 9g) and typically contains more chicken bone broth collagen concentrate, which means you will typically and inherently get more collagen type II, hyaluronic acid, glucosamine and chondroitin with Bone Broth Protein. But Multi Collagen Protein also contains the added benefits of clinically studied:
- Bacillus coagulans (2 billion CFU**)
- Vitamin C (from Lipid Metabolite Ascorbate)
- Fermented eggshell membrane collagen
Why should I be supplementing with collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. Up to 30% of all the protein in your body is collagen protein. Up to 70% of skin, hair, nails and nearly 100% of connective tissues are made from collagen. It literally holds you together, from the hairs on your head, to every inch of your skin, to your joint comfort and mobility. It even supports the integrity of your gut lining; collagen promotes normal tissue growth and cellular health, all of which can impact the overall health of your gut.
Collagen production naturally declines as we age… and it’s not being consumed in the standard modern diet. Supplementing can help support your body’s natural production, so you can reap all the rewards of collagen.
Are there other factors that contribute to collagen loss?
The natural aging process is not the only thing that can slow down production and diminish collagen in your body. If you’re worried about the breakdown of your own collagen, here are 8 lifestyle factors that are considered “collagen diminishers.”
- Poor sleep
- Excess sugar consumption
- Sun overexposure
- Diet low in antioxidants
- Sitting all day and lack of activity
- Nutrient shortfalls of vitamin C and zinc
- Free radicals
You can fight back against collagen loss through a few combined approaches:
- Limit your exposure to damaging UV rays and other environmental toxins
- Consume collagen-boosting foods
- Support and promote the skin’s health by supplementing with collagen
How can I tell if it works?
Some common ways to tell if the collagen is working is by noticing healthy skin, healthy nails, and joint comfort support.
How long before I can start looking for benefits?
Clinical studies have demonstrated noticeable results in as little as 24 hours.* However, everyone is different, and will have a different experience when using the product. What matters most is consistency. With consistent use, you can see even more results over the first several days and weeks. Here are some of the changes you may notice:
- Reduced exercise-induced joint discomfort as early as Day 1*
- Reduced collagen degradation with noticeable results in as little as 3 days*
- Reduced knee stiffness, discomfort and improved function at 30 days*
- Improved appearance of crow’s feet after 4 weeks and skin tone after 8 weeks*
Is Multi Collagen Protein vegan/vegetarian?
Collagen is found only in animals, mostly in the flesh and connective tissue. There are no vegan collagen supplements (although there are vegan foods and products that can support your body’s production of collagen). As a result, Collagen Peptides come from animal sources, so it is not vegan or vegetarian.
What are the benefits of taking collagen?
Collagen health benefits include support for your hair, skin, nails, gut and joints. Taking a hydrolyzed collagen peptides protein powder helps make the collagen easier for the body to use and absorb, so you can better experience the benefits of collagen.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult your physician before using any supplement.
**At time of manufacture